Life as I know it

Life As I Know It

Monday, August 30, 2010

Waiting by the Mailbox

I start my blog sometimes, not really knowing what I’m going to write. I just know that write I must and I am happy when putting the “pen to paper,” even if it isn’t as glamorous as using a quill pen dipped in ink put on parchment any more. True our technology makes things less than romantic at times – okay all the time. Gone are the days where people carefully wrote out letters in classic penmanship – and to those of us that actually had an entire class dedicated JUST to penmanship AND you got an “A” in that class, I say you are a kindred spirit.
But this is my letter to you. Think of it as the envelope you carefully ripped open with a hand written note to you in it. “What does this have to do with fitness?” -you might ask. I say everything. You see, when you embark on a fitness program, you still have life to live, thoughts to deal with, memories that warm your heart or hurt to reflect upon and by golly, you’d better know how to handle that or you’ll be back on the couch watching “The Biggest Loser” with a bowl of ice cream in your hand crying at the great stories wishing that you were getting screamed at by Jillian Michaels.
A lot of people might spend their time talking about a good fitness regimen, or what your nutrition should be. True, that information is here should you wish to seek it. But I want to talk about WHY you were out of shape in the first place. You see, you can attempt all of the world’s best fitness programs, you can get a clean eating chef to cook you all your meals, but if you don’t address what’s “eating you”, then you will find yourself right back where you started when all is said and done.
So tell me, how did you get here? Seriously, I want to know. You didn’t get fat over night. You have a story. What is it? Together, as your coach we will peel back the layers. We will see step by step, pound by pound how you gained the weight you did and how you feel about yourself today. Once you know what got you to where you are, you will be able to address how to look at things differently. You CAN change! You CAN heal and through that, you will be able to stick to a new lifestyle and healthy habits that will stick with you throughout the rest of the long life you’ve given yourself.
Do I want you to commit to a fitness program? Yes! Do I want you to have excellent and healthy meals? Of course. But I want to know you too. As a coach, I will be the person that you can call when you are ripping open the bag of Doritos and know I won’t chastise you, just talk you off the ledge. I will be the person you can look to whom will not only hear but understand your challenges. Why? Because I’m a normal person just like you. I have tough days. I didn’t just sign up for P90X and get thin overnight. I didn’t even get thin over the 90 days of my first round. I didn’t get thin over my SECOND round either, but I DID lose weight and most especially get stronger, both emotionally and physically. It took a THIRD round to get to the point where my metabolism kicked in, where I really was better about watching my diet and I was able to workout steadily through these extreme programs that I have grown to love like P90X® and INSANITY®.
When you look at these videos and think “I can’t do that.” I am here to tell you that YES you can. You may be one of those lucky and dedicated people that achieves his or her goals in the first round, but even if you do you can’t stop there, you must keep going. This isn’t a “90 day program” – this is a LIFELONG program. You will be able to achieve anything you try to if you set realistic goals and take steps each day to achieve them.
Go ahead, write me that letter. Tell me your story – I want to hear it. I want to help you overcome what ails you and together we will go on to realize our most cherished dreams.
Here is my personal email address: coach@GetFitPhoenix.com. I know you can’t write me a hand written letter, but I will treat it as though you painstaking wrote in your beautiful penmanship on your best stationary. Your story is the best story you will ever tell. Start now. I know you are the most extraordinary person who can achieve anything you set your mind to. I wait by the mail box.

Fitness Empress out.

www.GetFitPhoenix.com

No comments:

Post a Comment