Life as I know it

Life As I Know It

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Its a New Life for Me and I'm Feeling Good

I have been on a journey of extreme growth and change for the past year and a half. Of course we are always on a journey of change - we can only hope that growth is incorporated into that change. About a year ago, I heard the song that Michael Buble does "Feeling Good" for the first time. It has become my theme song ever since. My life has not always reflected that, but it remains in the back of my head even during my toughest days.

As a single mother of four, I don't have much time to take care of myself. I haven't been exercising, I certainly haven't been careful about what I eat, and some days, I'm lucky if I get a shower in. The problem with not taking time for myself is that I start to feel like a former version of me...sort of one that is in black and white, not in full color. Or I feel like I've fast forwarded through time and I'm suddenly old and limited in my choices for the future.

I got tired of being overweight, tired, frustrated and broke. I decided to buy the P90X and start working out.

Through this experience I decided to enroll in the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University program and also start a vigorous weight loss program. Since both are brand new to my life, I thought I would begin a blog to chronicle my progress and perhaps see some new revelations about my life and where it is going. I am excited to see what the future holds.

There comes a time in all our lives where we have to face up to the truth. We have to believe the scale, take stock of the bank statements, and evaluate our actions with honesty. I am ready to believe what I see, and change it to truly be what I want it to be. I no longer want to APPEAR like I have my life together, I really want to HAVE my life together.

Empress Out for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment